Friday, August 22, 2014

Hidden Mickeys....

I'm back to share another instalment in my Disneyland album. Today I'm showcasing some of the new Heidi Swapp Project Life collections, have you seen these kits  around? If  you are a project lifer or if you are not -the cards and elements in each kit are to die for and are perfect for any type of memory keeping!
Let's see how I combined a 12 x 12 page along side a Panoramic Photo Pocket page to showcase a lot of photos.
Oh and be on the look out for some hidden Mickeys on my pages...How many can you count?
I built this page on 2 pieces of  Favorite things pattern papers. I then added in one of the 4x6 glitter cards from the Glitter Value kit vertically to the right of my photos.


I hand cut and stitched my title before printing out my journaling on one of the 3x4 cards from the Favorite Things Core kit. I trimmed it to fit before adhering to my page.


I misted that chipboard Mickey head with Black Velvet Color Shine and finished off with a touch of Disney Washi that I got at my local Typo store!


Now you can see how my pages will sit in my album. The 12 x 12 page on the left with the Panoramic Pocket page on the right.


What's a Panoramic page you may ask??
Do you see those extra pockets on the right...


The  Panoramic Photo Pocket Pages  have an extra 6x12 flap for even more photos and space for embellishments! How cool is that!


Close ups reveal more cards from the Favorite Things Core kit as well that stunning Foil over Lay that can be found in the Foil Photo Pocket Page set. I simply took it out and slipped it into my pocket.


I also used some of the Foil Value kit cards ( these might be my favourite ). I simply added another misted chipboard Mickey head in the centre of the card. I also  created my own 3 x 4 Disney card by drawing a Mickey Head with Gold Lame Color Shine on one of the Journaling cards.


Turning the Pocket Page over you can see I added in even more photos.
 
 
This card below  originated from the Favorite Things kit with just the bold triangle pattern and the large circle in the centre. I punched two circles from white card , adhered them down to form the ears then  machine stitched over the whole thing to look like it was "meant to be"


I added in the QR code for a video I made with my iphone during the performance , adhered over one of the Glitter cards and lastly I used one of the Clear cards from the Overlay Value kit on top of the 4x6 striped Favorite Things card with some sequins I found at my local bargain shop that looked just like Mickey!


Are these Project Life kits not divine!! I am so excited to be using them in my scrapping, they really are fabulous.
Did you spy all my Mickeys??? I hope you did. It's kinda cool to add that Disney touch using items I already have and not theme specific!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Love that fold out idea....looks fab & I really like the typing on the cards....I'm too lazy to bother [shhhh! Don't tell on me!!!]....& I think I spied all the Mickeys....but HOW MANY WERE THERE?????!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't say!!!! It was fun looking....oh, & the washi...now that was a find!!!

Lizzyc said...

Amazing pages Kim! So many photos and fabulous embellies. And not sure about the hidden mickeys? Are they the mickey ears around on your pages?

Heather Jacob said...

brilliant perfection, striking and brilliant x

bernii miller said...

What a fun spread Kim!! I am loving all the bright colours and the little touches of Mickey all over the place is so fun!!

Ashley Horton said...

Really fab, Kim! I am loving the hand cut titles on your pages!!

jamie said...

this is so cute. really really cute. all your touches are perfect. such a fun story. and i think i found a total of 15 mickey's.