Saturday, August 16, 2014

Disneyland meets Colorshine...

I've finally worked up the courage to work on my Disneyland album and today I want to share my opening page for the album!
I started with some plain white cardstock and then grabbed some Heidi Swapp Colorshine in Sweet Cherry, Mustard and Black Velvet and free hand drew my Mickey Mouse head. It took a couple of tries getting the size and shape correct. I allowed it to dry then stitched around it several times with my sewing machine. I then matted it on that bold black and white pattern from Favorite Things!


I then grabbed my 7x10 Polka Dot stencil from Joann and laid it over the circle shape and misted randomly with Mustard ColorShine.


I also misted the Water Colour Star tag with Gold Lame and the pattern stencil from the
Stencil bird set to create some subtle texture.


I then went ahead and adhered small embellishments around the painted edges of the Mickey shape. Including chipboard shapes and buttons from Hello Today, Epoxy Words and Chipboard Words from the Color Pop collection, sequins, wood veneer and a few elements from the Simple Stories Say Cheese collection.

I'm kinda liking this start I've made. I am  now working on some pocket pages using the New Heidi Swapp Project Life kits to include in my album and I can't wait to share with you soon!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome work on the background!

Anne P said...

Super cute. What a great idea.

Lizzy Hill said...

Perfection...doing this would get me excited to continue...loooove the embellies you've placed around the ears!!!! Fabulous start!!!!......& do I spy a wee bit of vellum under the photo??? Loooove vellum:):))!!!!! Can't wait to see more:):)

Tracey said...

Love the background mouse ears!! This is fantastic!!

Natalie said...

I love all the little embellies around the micky face/ears. So gorgeous

Ashley Horton said...

This is amazing, Kim!! One of the best Disney pages I've seen! I love the way you used the Color Shine to create the Mickey silhouette.

Leanne said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Oh Mickey!!

Maren said...

Eye candy!!
I'm dying to get Sweet Cherry but it's been sold out for ages in my fave shop, and of coure I refuse to shop anywhere else...

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful Kim, love the Mickey Mouse ears and head design on your cover page! I know the album will be amazing!

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is gorgeous!! You rocked this!!

Susan Stringfellow said...

This page is totally amazing and I have to copy it at some point! I am also wondering how you got so lucky as to get a photo in front of the park with Mickey!? Super cool! I am so glad you got started and I can't wait to see more.

Paula said...

I love how you created the Mickey head in the background...hadn't realised it before because I only saw a sneak ;) Simply brilliant!

Nathalie said...

This is so fun and daring ;) the result is fabulous!

Tarrah McLean said...

Wow this looks so cool Kim, just love all your amazing ideas! Your album certainly will be gorgeous!

Diana Waite said...

I LOVE this!!